Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scott's Oriole

Latin Name:  Icterus parisorum
Spanish common name:  Bolsero Tunero
4/12/11
We have seen this lovely bird make three appearances in the garden, but for some reason I think he is still around.  Perhaps it's just my imagination, but I think I hear him from time to time.

I learned a valuable lesson with this bird.  Always look at all the pictures in the Bird Identification Book before you throw up your hands in despair.  For the longest time I was convinced he was a Bar-winged Oriole, blown off course.  That would have been a real stretch since the Bar-winged Oriole hangs out in El Salvador.

At any rate, on one of his visits, he twisted and turned and posed and I had a great time with the camera.

To learn more click here.

6/26/11

Just as I suspected, he's been here all along.  Finally, I was able to connect the bird with his song.